GDPR Consent Menopause Clinical Research - The Small Print
- To continue to the survey, please read the following and provide your consent to the below terms & conditions by clicking on the consent button
Collecting and processing personal information about you.
We are looking to collect and process your personal information (legally called ‘personal data’) which includes general information about you as well as your medical data, as listed specifically later in this section. Your identity will remain strictly confidential. We will anonymise the data and you will never be identified by your name, by any combination of elements likely to identify you or by any other recognisable means. We collect your information only and strictly for the following purpose:
Your anonymised data will be sent to our database manager. The database manager is responsible for collecting the data gathered, as well as for processing and protecting this data in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other local laws that protect your right to privacy.
By signing this form, you agree that we may collect and process your provided personal data, including:
- date of birth;
- personal data concerning your health and physical or mental condition;
- ongoing medication taken in relation to existing menopausal/ perimenopausal symptoms
- ongoing food supplements, including CBD
- previous medication / food supplements taken in relation to existing menopausal/ perimenopausal symptoms
You are entitled to ask us at any time what we do with your data and for what specific purpose we use it. You also have a right to inspect all these data and make corrections if they are incorrect or have changed.
What happens to the information we collect about you?
We will examine the collected data to identify the impact of any medications or food supplements that women use for the relief of the symptoms associated with perimenopause or menopause. We will use the dataset to design a subsequent phase 2 clinical trial in the use of CBD for relief of symptoms associated with perimenopause and menopause. We may share the anonymised data with an external biostatistician if necessary. Any individuals who will have access to your data are bound by an obligation of strict confidentiality.
The information concerning you will be processed electronically (i.e. by computer) or manually and will be analysed to determine medical trends within the data, including specific symptoms relieved by CBD and dosing levels used. The computer files containing the collected data will be protected from misuse.
Your consent to participate in this data collection process means that you also agree to the use of your data for the purposes described above and that your anonymised data may be sent to the above-mentioned third parties.
Your consent to use your data does not lapse on a specific date, but you can withdraw your consent at any time by making a written request to us. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer use the data and will no longer share the information with others. Your personal data will be deleted promptly.
- I consent to the collection, processing, reporting and transfer (if applicable) within and outside Europe of my provided personal data
- I understand that some data may be looked at by responsible individuals where it is relevant, and my confidentiality will be ensured.
- I understand that my consent will result in a discount code being emailed to me to reduce the cost of my participation in this initial data collection process.
- I consent to you approaching me in the future for one or both of the following purposes:
- To progress recruitment for the phase 2 clinical trial into menopause/ perimenopause
- To communicate the results of clinical trials conducted by Satipharm into menopause or perimenopause