The Facts About Cannabidiol
You might be wondering what meaning of CBD is, or you might have heard about the benefits of cannabis. This flowering plant is well known for a number of reasons, including its history as a herbal medicinal, and as a source of fibre for textiles. Here are some facts to help you understand more about cannabis.
- The cannabis plant has been cultivated by humans for thousands of years
- The cannabis plant contains a number of chemical compounds called cannabinoids
- There are at least 113 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. The two main cannabinoids are cannabidiol (known as CBD), and tetrahydrocannabinol (known as THC)
- THC is a cannabinoid that has a psychoactive effect on the human body
- CBD has no psychoactive effect and does not impair your daily routine
How CBD WorksTo understand CBD, you need to know about the human body’s endocannabinoid system.
This system is made up of cannabinoid receptors located throughout the body, along with chemical messengers called endocannabinoids that travel through the body and activate the receptors. Endocannabinoids are simply cannabinoids made naturally inside your body.
The endocannabinoid system regulates a range of important bodily functions.
There are two types of cannabinoid receptors, known as CB1 and CB2, both play a part in the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
- CB1 receptors are mostly found in the brain and central nervous system
- CB2 receptors are found throughout the body
CBD has no psychoactive effect
CBD does not have a psychoactive effect and will not impair your daily routine.
If you buy CBD, you must be sure that the product you choose meets the highest quality standards, and is manufactured to deliver a consistent dose of CBD and contains a full spectrum extract.